Jigsaw are making their KS1 and KS2 Recovery package resources free to ALL schools. Jigsaw have created a ‘Recovery Package’ comprising assemblies and lesson plans for KS1 and KS2 on the themes recommended by the DfE and aligned to Jigsaw’s passion regarding emotional and mental health.
Jigsaw schools can download the Package from the Community Area (Recovery Package tab) using their usual school Jigsaw login. But all primary school can access these resources here.
The Jigsaw 3-11 ‘Recovery’ takes account of government guidance alongside Jigsaw’s concern for emotional and mental health.
This package is FREE to schools (all schools not just those using Jigsaw Programmes) and is Jigsaw’s contribution to supporting teachers and children at this difficult time.
The Primary Recovery Package comprises:
- KS1 assembly pdf +ppt
- KS 1 map showing how Jigsaw lessons support the Recovery themes pdf
- X7 lessons each with ppt on the themes
- KS2 assembly pdf +ppt
- KS 2 map showing how Jigsaw lessons support the Recovery themes pdf
- X7 lessons each with ppt same themes as KS 1 set
- X2 extra lessons for Year 6 on transition to secondary school
The lesson themes are:
- Welcome back and new temporary Jigsaw Charter
- The Coronavirus explained
- Belonging and feeling safe at school
- Rec-connecting with friends at school
- Being positive and looking forward to learning
- Managing worries and fears
- Gratitude and appreciation